Wisconsin is home to some of the best small towns in America, and Waukesha is one of them. This charming community has everything you need for a perfect weekend getaway: great restaurants and shops, beautiful parks, and plenty of activities to keep you busy. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing escape or an action-packed adventure, Waukesha is the perfect.
- It was founded as a village in 1846 and chartered as a city in 1896
- The city’s name is derived from the Potawatomi language word for “fox” because the original settlers found wild foxes in the area
- Waukesha was once known as “The Spring City” because of its numerous natural springs
Waukesha Major Attractions
- Springs Water Park – This famous water park is a great place to cool off on a hot day. There’s something for everyone at Springs Water Park with tons of slides and attractions.
- Kettle Moraine State Forest – This beautiful state park is perfect for hikers and nature lovers. You can spend hours hiking through the forest with miles of trails to explore.
- Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum – This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of Waukesha County. With exhibits on everything from agriculture to transportation, it’s the perfect place to learn more about this fascinating community.
- Frame Park Formal Gardens – These lovely gardens are the perfect place to take a stroll and enjoy the beauty of nature. With flowers blooming all season, you’ll never tire of exploring these gardens.
- Minooka Park – This park is perfect for a family picnic. With playgrounds, a pond, and plenty of open space, there’s something for everyone at Minooka Park.
- Retzer Nature Center – This nature center is perfect for a day of exploration. With hiking trails, a bird sanctuary, and a variety of educational programs, you can learn about the natural world while enjoying the beauty of the outdoors.
- Fox River Park – This park is home to the Fox River, which offers plenty of fishing, boating, and swimming. Fox River Park is perfect for a day outdoors with a playground, a pavilion, and various other amenities.
If you’re looking for a fun and quaint place to visit, check out Waukesha. With plenty of attractions and activities to keep you busy, you’ll never run out of things to do in this charming community.