If you’re looking for a great Canadian city to visit, look no further than Vaughan! This city is located just north of Toronto and has something for everyone. Vaughan is home to some of the best shopping in the country, as well as plenty of restaurants, parks, and other attractions.
- It was founded in 1792, incorporated as a township in 1850 and incorporated as a city in 1991.
- Vaughan has a population of 323,000 people.
- It was named after Benjamin Vaughan, a British commissioner for the American colonies.
Vaughan Major Attractions:
- Canada’s Wonderland: This is Canada’s largest theme park and one of Vaughan’s most popular tourist destinations. The park has over 200 rides, live shows, and plenty of other attractions for everyone.
- Vaughan Mills: This massive shopping mall has over 200 stores, making it one of the largest malls in Canada. It’s a great place to shop for clothes, electronics, and other items.
- Kortright Center for Conservation: This is a great place to learn about nature and the environment. They have many walking trails and an education center where you can learn more about their programs and projects.
- Black Creek Pioneer Village: This is a living history museum that tells the story of early Ontario settlers. The village has historic buildings and offers visitors a chance to experience life in the 19th century.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center: This indoor family entertainment center has rides, a play area, and other activities for kids.
- Reptilia Vaughan: This is a reptile zoo with over 100 different species of reptiles. If you’re interested in learning more about these animals, this is the place to go!
- Behemoth: Here is another roller coaster located at Canada’s Wonderland, and it’s one of the tallest in the world.
- Boyd Conservation Park: This park has hiking trails, picnic areas, and other outdoor activities.
- White Water Canyon: This water park has slides, pools, and other activities.
If you’re looking for a fun weekend getaway or even a longer vacation, Vaughan is the perfect destination.