Spain is known for its stunning architecture, delicious food, and vibrant culture. And while Madrid and Barcelona often steal the spotlight, there are many other unique places to explore in Spain. Valladolid is one of them. A city with a rich history and culture, Valladolid is less crowded by tourists than other Spanish cities but just as beautiful.
- It was founded in 1543.
- It has a population of more than 300,000.
- The city is the capital of Castile and León.
Major Valladolid Attractions:
- Catedral de Valladolid – The Cathedral of Valladolid is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Spain. It was built with a style that merges Renaissance and Baroque elements. The cathedral has five naves and several chapels dedicated to different saints.
- Museo Nacional de Escultura – The National Sculpture Museum in Valladolid is one of the most important museums of its kind in Spain. It houses an impressive collection of sculptures from the Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque periods.
- Valladolid Science Museum – The Valladolid Science Museum is a great place to learn about the history of science and technology. It has exhibits on everything from physics to astronomy to biology.
- Parque Campo Grande – Valladolid’s largest park, Campo Grande, is a great place for a relaxing walk or picnic. It has an amusement park, a lake, and several gardens.
- Plaza de Zorrilla – Valladolid’s main square, Plaza de Zorrilla, is a beautiful and lively place to spend an afternoon. It’s home to several restaurants and cafes, as well as the city hall and post office.
- Museo Patio Herreriano – The Museo Patio Herreriano is a contemporary art museum located in an old convent. It has an extensive collection of paintings, sculptures, and installations by Spanish artists.
- Casa de Cervantes – The Casa de Cervantes is a museum dedicated to the life and work of Spain’s most famous writer, Miguel de Cervantes. It has exhibits on his novels Don Quixote and Persiles y Sigismunda and many personal items belonging to him.
Valladolid is worth visiting due to its impressive museums, beautiful architecture, and rich history. So if you’re looking for something different from your typical trip to Spain, then head over to this charming city!