If you’re looking for an amazing Mediterranean vacation spot, look no further than Tarragona. This stunning coastal city is located in northeast Spain and offers everything from beautiful beaches to historic architecture. You’ll never run out of things to do in Tarragona!
- Tarragona is located in the province of Tarragona in Catalonia, Spain.
- The city has a population of over 130,000 people.
- The Romans founded it in the 5th BC.
Tarragona Major Attractions:
- Amfiteatre de Tarragona – The Amfiteatre de Tarragona is a large arena in the city. It was built in the 2nd century AD and is one of the best-preserved Roman theaters in the world. During its prime, it could hold up to 15,000 people.
- Circ Romà – The Circ Romà is another well-preserved Roman structure in Tarragona. It is a large circus used for chariot races and other events.
- The Ferreres Aqueduct – The Ferreres Aqueduct is an ancient aqueduct built in the 27 BC–14 AD century. It is over 217m long and is one of the best-preserved aqueducts from the Roman era.
- Balcó del Mediterrani – The Balcó del Mediterrani is a viewing platform that offers stunning views of the city and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Platja Arrabassada – Platja Arrabassada is a beautiful sandy beach outside the city. It is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and windsurfing.
These are just a few attractions that Tarragona has to offer. If you’re looking for an amazing vacation spot, try Tarragona! You won’t be disappointed.