When you think of the Midwest, what comes to mind? Like most people, you probably think of cornfields, small towns, and a general sense of boredom. But if you venture into South Dakota, you'll find a whole new world waiting for you. Sioux Falls is the largest city in the state, and it's home to an incredible array of attractions and sights that will keep you entertained for days on end. There is something for everyone in Sioux Falls, from museums to amusement parks. So if you're looking for an adventure, add this city to your list!
Sioux Falls Facts:
- Sioux Falls is the largest city in South Dakota
- It is also the county seat of Minnehaha County
- The city was founded in 1857 on the banks of the Big Sioux River
- The falls of the Big Sioux River were a major attraction to early settlers
Sioux Falls Major Attractions:
- Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History – A must-see for animal lovers, the Great Plains Zoo is home to over 500 animals worldwide. The Delbridge Museum of Natural History is also worth visiting, as it contains an extensive collection of fossils and minerals.
- Butterfly House & Aquarium – The Butterfly House & Aquarium is a great place to learn about the amazing world of butterflies and fish. This attraction features over 200 species of butterflies, as well as a variety of interactive exhibits. It is the perfect place to learn about aquatic life.
- Wild Water West Waterpark and Flamingo Falls Campground – Wild Water West is the perfect place to dive in and cool off on a hot summer day. This waterpark features over 20 rides and attractions, including a lazy river and wave pool. Flamingo Falls Campground is also a great option for those who want to camp near the waterpark.
- USS South Dakota Battleship Memorial – The USS South Dakota Battleship Memorial is a must-see for history buffs. This attraction features the restored battleship USS South Dakota and a museum with interactive exhibits.
- The World's Only Corn Palace – The World's Only Corn Palace is a unique attraction worth visiting. This palace is decorated with over 250,000 ears of corn, and it hosts various events throughout the year.
Sioux Falls also has many great restaurants, shops, and parks. So whether you're looking for an adventure or just a place to relax, you'll find it in Sioux Falls. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!