Schladming is a small town located in Styria, Austria (Styria is a state in Austria). Schladming is an Austrian town slowly becoming a popular tourist destination. It is well known for its winter sports resort.
The city is a former mining center in the northwest region of Styria. Schladming has invested in a large winter sports resort to boost tourism. The town has hosted various skiing competitions. The most famous skiing competitions include the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in 1982 and 2013. The shopping area has tons of cafes and restaurants to cater to the tourists who constantly flock to the city. Shopping centers selling all kinds of goods are also available to tourists.
• Schladming has a total population of 6,660 residents and covers a total area of 211 square kilometers.
• Planai is the central mountain area in Schladming. A cable car takes tourists up the mountain from where they can ski their way down.
• Schladming's twin cities are Felleitn, Wetzlar and Furano.
• The Planai Mountain also has roads constructed on it. Mostly going up and down, making way for buses and anyone going for a short run.
• Schladming is found in the district Liezen
Interesting but you need photos for me to sell the area year round. Send to me at Mossman Travel Consultants email below.