If you’re looking for a place to escape the big city, San Angelo is a great option. This small town, also known as the Oasis of West Texas, has plenty of charm and character, not to mention incredible scenery. Whether you’re interested in hiking, fishing, or just taking a relaxing stroll, there’s something for everyone in San Angelo.
San Angelo Facts:
- The city is located in the Concho Valley of West Texas.
- San Angelo was founded in 1867.
- The city has a population of over 100,000 people.
- San Angelo’s nickname is “The Pearl of the Conchos.”
San Angelo Major Attractions:
- San Angelo State Park: This park has so much to see and do! There are over 30 miles of trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, mountain biking, a fishing pier, camping sites with water/electric hookups, and a nature center.
- San Angelo Nature Center: The San Angelo Nature Center is located in the middle of town on South Oakes Street. It features an indoor exhibit hall with exhibits on wildlife, birds of prey, reptiles, and amphibians; a gift shop; programs for children, including live animals presentations; guided tours through the nature trail system; and fishing ponds.
- Fort Concho: This historic fort is a must-see for anyone visiting San Angelo. It’s been around since 1867 and offers exhibits and tours that give you a glimpse into the past.
- Angelo Civic Theater: If you’re looking for some live entertainment, the Angelo Civic Theater is the place to go. It offers a wide range of shows, from Broadway musicals to stand-up comedy.
- San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts: This museum is home to various art exhibits, including both contemporary and traditional pieces.
- International Waterlily Collection: This unique attraction is home to more than 500 water lilies from all over the world.
- Lake Nasworthy: This lake is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and other water activities.
- Lone Wolf Bridge: This bridge is a popular spot for taking photos and enjoying the scenery.
- Concho River: This river offers great fishing and kayaking opportunities, as well as some lovely scenery.
San Angelo is the perfect destination, whether you’re looking to spend an afternoon outdoors or take in some culture.