Redondo Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Southern California. The vast and sandy beach attracts visitors of all ages, and there are plenty of things to do nearby if you need a break from the sun and sand. It’s well known for surfing and swimming, as well as its tasty seafood. There’s something for everyone in Redondo Beach, from families to couples to solo travelers.
Redondo Beach Facts:
- It has a population of over 65,000 people.
- Redondo Beach adopted cityhood in 1892.
- It is one of the three Beach Cities in Los Angeles County, California.
Redondo Beach Major Attractions:
- Redondo Beach Pier: The pier is a great place to take in the views of the Pacific Ocean. It’s also home to a variety of restaurants and shops, as well as a carnival-style amusement park.
- Hermosa Beach Pier: Just south of Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach Pier is a great place to catch the sunset. It’s also home to a variety of restaurants and shops.
- Seaside Lagoon: The lagoon is an artificial body of water that’s great for kids. It has a beach, as well as swimming pools and water slides.
- Veterans Park: The park has a playground, and it’s also home to the Redondo Beach Farmers Market and Craft Fair.
- Polliwog Park: The park has a playground, as well as a pond that’s home to many ducks and geese.
- Wonder of Dinosaurs: The museum has a collection of dinosaur fossils and other items and interactive exhibits for kids.
- Los Arboles Rocketship Park: The park has a playground and a large rocket ship.
- Dockweiler Beach: This beach is a great place to go if you want some peace. It’s also home to the Dockweiler Beach Hang Gliding Center, where you can take lessons or watch other people fly around on their hang gliders.
Whether you’re looking for a place to relax and take in the incredible views or want to get out and enjoy some fun in the sun, Redondo Beach is worth checking out!