The small coastal town of Perast features stunning waterfronts, gorgeous architecture, and plenty of things to see and do. It may be tiny, but it has a lot to offer.
- As of 2011, the population of Perast is a mere 269 people.
- Of those 269 people, about 121 are male, and 148 are female.
- Perast can be found in the middle of The Bay of Kotor and is accessible by bus or car.
- Perast locals often speak and understand Italian, Russian and English.
- It would take you roughly 20 minutes to walk from one end of Perast to the other.
- In its early years, Perast was known as a fishing village that had a small shipping yard.
- Between the years 1420-1797, Perast belonged to The Republic of Venice.
- Since 2006 Perast has been a part of independent Montenegro.
- Many buildings in Perast have been preserved for historical reasons.
- Some of these buildings include Bujovic Palace and Lucić-Kolović-Matikola Palace.
- Many travel articles claim Perast is the most beautiful city in Montenegro for tourists.
- Tourists in Montenegro are encouraged to spend at least one day in Perast. In 2019, Montenegro saw nearly 3 million tourists.
- While in Perast, tourists can enjoy delicious waterfront meals, boat tours, historical buildings, and more.
- Perast hosts a few regular festivals, including the International Klapa Festival and Fašinada.
- The International Klapa Festival is a music fest focused on Acapella singing. Fašinada involves decorated ships and boats that circle around the island.
NEED MORE PICTURES! Beautiful places but need more info to complete the picture. Keep it up, have never heard of most of these far away places, only dreamt about them. Am house bound at this point in life and thoroughly enjoy my armchair tours…….. thank you.
What country is Perast in?