Olympia, Washington is a great place to live or visit. They have great events there, and they have popular attractions that are must-see spots for tourists to visit before they leave.
There are many events that are held in Olympia.
- Block parties: Block parties are a great way to meet the neighbors, especially if you’re new to the area. The person hosting the block party will send out fliers for the event and will let you know about all the fun to be had. A lot of block parties have bounce houses and face paintings for the kids.
- Scavenger Hunts: Some restaurants will host scavenger hunts. You will have to come to the place with the people in your team. They will give you a list of things to find, and you go around town to find the items and take pictures. Whoever gets the most will win.
- Farmer’s Markets: These farmer’s markets have fresh fruit and lots of stands with organic goodies.
There are not only events that are in Olympia, but there are attractions too.
- Children’s museums: This will teach children how to think on their feet and figure out things for themselves. They have areas where children learn how to build things, make creations and more.
- Parks: Parks (such as Bigelow Park) has playgrounds for the kids to get all their energy out, basketball courts and picnic areas. Other parks, such as Cooper Crest Open Space, have some excellent nature trails. Great for hiking.