Modena is an Italian city famous for its fast cars, including Ferrari, De Tomaso, Pagani, and Maserati. The city is located on the south side of the Po Valley in the Province of Modena.
Fun Facts about Modena
• The University of Modena was founded in 1175 and had expansions conducted by Francesco II d’Este in 1686. The university is focused on medicine, law, and economics. The university is the second oldest University in Italy.
• Italian military trainees get their education at the Academy of Modena and get housed in the Baroque Ducal Palace.
• In 1997, UNESCO announced that the Cathedral of Modena, The Torre della Ghirlandina and the Piazza Grande are world heritage sites.
• Modena is well known for its famous balsamic vinegar, which is highly valued in culinary circles.
• People from Modena are called Modenesi.
• Modena lies swaddled between two rivers, Secchia and Panaro, affluents of the Po River.
Places you should visit in Modena
• The Torre della Ghirlandina is a perfect place to view the unique architecture of the bell tower. The bell tower was built to serve the Cathedral of Modena in Emilia-Romagna, Italy. Standing at a total height of 86.12 meters, the bell tower is an important landmark in Modena.
• Mercato Albinelli market is a must-visit for visiting tourists. The market keeps the town’s tradition and culture alive by fostering close interpersonal relationships with locals and tourists.
• Grande Square is a perfect place to take pictures and have a lovely relaxed afternoon viewing the town’s architecture.
• Modena’s cuisine can only be enjoyed by visiting local restaurants. Menu items in hotels like the Tortellini hotel are packed full of flavorful meats and locally made cheese prepared by seasoned chefs.
• The Ducal Palace partially hosts students at the Academy of Modena before they are fit for military duty. It was built in 1634 by Francesco I d’Este.
• The Town Hall faces the Piazza Grande, a UNESCO world heritage site since 1997.
I am anMD laureate of the Universita” di Bologna,and I would like to vsit your fair city someday.