Today’s spot of the day is the beautiful city of Miramar in South Florida. The area totals roughly 31.3 sq mi, 1.8 of which is comprised of water.
Here’s a quick look at the city as a whole.
If you’re going to visit Miramar, be sure to stop in at least one of these fun places.
- The Miramar Cultural Center and ArtsPark celebrates diversity and creativity.
- The Miramar Branch Library Education Center. It has over 80,000 different pieces of media, including video games. Also on site are a 100-seat multi-purpose room, group study room, conference room, tutoring rooms, and over 50 public computers.
- The Miramar Regional Park Amphitheater showcases live concert performances and outdoor entertainment at an open-air venue that seats 5,000 people.
- Miramar was founded by A.L. Mailman as a “bedroom community” for Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- It was incorporated on May 26, 1955, with an original founding population of fewer than 200 people.
- Miramar was named after an area in Havana, Cuba, where the A.L. Mailman owned a summer home.
- The first mayor Robert Gordon and the city council were sworn in on June 20, 1955.
Here are some of Miramar’s most notable residents:
- Johnny Depp, Actor
- Jason Derulo, Singer
- Wayne Cochran, Singer
- Alcee Hastings, U.S. Representative
- Daniel Braverman, NFL Football Player
- Wayne Messam, Presidential Candidate
- Lionel Brown, Professional Soccer Player
- Jon Beason, NFL Football Player
- David E. Canter, Sports Agent
- Larry Gordon, NFL Football Player
The eastern boundary of Miramar starts at SR 441 and heads west towards I75 just ends at SR27 before the Everglades. There are 5 lakes enclosed by residential neighborhoods. This is a picture facing the ocean Can you tell me where in Miramar this picture was taken because I lived in Miramar and this is not a picture of Miramar. Nice picture though.
Not sure which Miramar is pictured, but it’s not the one in Florida.
Agree with the others posts, this is not south Florida Miramar. The houses aren’t built or look like those and Miramar in south Florida is not ocean front.
I Like the community because I am doing my Job there and now I am doing some homework now two get into my first Job thank you for asking me that question for me again
Cars and roads are European period.