Would you believe there is a city in Europe with more castles per capita than anywhere else in the world? Luxembourg City, located in the small country of Luxembourg, is one of the most charming and picturesque cities in Europe. Luxembourg City is definitely worth a visit, with winding streets, a beautiful old town, and plenty of history!
Luxembourg City Facts:
- It is the capital of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- It is one of the smallest capital cities in Europe.
- Luxembourg has a population of just over 114,000 inhabitants.
Luxembourg City Major Attractions:
- Bock Casemates – These are a series of tunnels and underground passages that were used as a defensive measure during medieval times.
- Pont Adolphe – This beautiful bridge was built in 1903 and spans the Pétrusse river.
- Panoramic Elevator of the Pfaffenthal – This unique elevator will take you up to a viewing platform where you can see stunning views of the city.
- Parc Municipal – This is the city’s main park and a great place to relax on a nice day.
- Grand Duke Jean Museum of Modern Art – This museum houses a collection of contemporary art from around the world.
- Palais Grand-Ducal – This is the official residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
These are just a few of the many attractions that Luxembourg City has to offer. If you’re looking for a unique and beautiful city to add to your travel list, be sure to put Luxembourg City at the top!