Loutraki is a small town near Athens, Greece, known for its natural thermal springs. The springs have healing properties, and people from all over the country come to Loutraki to relax in the baths. The town is also home to some beautiful architecture and a few interesting museums. So if you’re looking for an unforgettable Greek vacation spot, add Loutraki to your list!
- Loutraki is located about 80 km from Athens
- The town has a population of just over 11,000 people
- Loutraki’s springs have been used for therapeutic purposes since ancient times
- The town is home to the largest casino in Greece
Loutraki Major Attractions:
- Corinth Canal – The Corinth Canal is an artificial waterway that connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf. It’s about six miles long and was completed in 1893.
- Monastery Saint Patapios – The Monastery of Saint Patapios is a Greek Orthodox monastery built in the early 19th century. The monastery is home to a small museum and a beautiful garden.
- Díolkos Trackway – The Diolkos Trackway is a stone path used to transport ships across the Isthmus of Corinth. The trackway is made up of stone blocks laid in grooves, and it’s considered one of the oldest examples of engineering in Greece.
- Beach Park Loutraki – Beach Park Loutraki is a public beach that offers stunning views of the Gulf of Corinth. The beach is also a great place to relax and take a swim.
- Archeological Site of Heraion at Perachora – The Archeological Site of Heraion at Perachora is an ancient sanctuary dedicated to the goddess Hera. The site includes a temple, a theater, and several other ruins.
Loutraki is a hidden gem on Greece’s coast that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to relax in the thermal springs or explore the town’s history and culture, Loutraki is the perfect place to visit.