Les Arcs is a charming ski resort in the French Alps that offers something for everyone. The varied terrain and well-maintained slopes make it an ideal destination for experienced skiers and snowboarders. The family-friendly atmosphere and extensive range of après-ski activities make it perfect for beginners and intermediate riders. Les Arcs is worth considering whether you're looking for a challenging ski holiday or want to relax in the beautiful alpine scenery.
Les Arcs Facts:
- It’s a world-renowned ski resort located in the French Alps.
- It is composed of four villages: Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 1950, and Arc 2000.
- Les Arcs has been a popular ski destination since it opened in 1968.
- The resort is known for its wide variety of terrain, which includes beginner, intermediate, and advanced slopes.
Les Arcs Major Attractions:
- La Plagne – This is Les Arcs' largest ski area, and it offers something for everyone, from gentle slopes for beginners to more challenging runs for experienced skiers.
- Tignes station de ski – Tignes is another large ski area popular with both beginners and experts. It's just a short drive from Les Arcs and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Little Saint Bernard Pass – This pass is popular with skiers and snowboarders who want to explore the backcountry. It's between Les Arcs and Tignes and offers some of the most breathtaking scenery.
- Aiguille du Midi – This is a must-see for anyone visiting Les Arcs. The Aiguille du Midi is a mountain peak that can be reached by cable car from the center of the resort. The views from the top are incredible.
These are just a few of the many reasons why Les Arcs is such a popular ski destination. Les Arcs is definitely worth considering if you're looking for a challenging and enjoyable ski holiday.