Finale Ligure is located between Albenga and Savona on the Riviera di Ponente. The Italian city is an upbeat popular tourist destination. It offers fun-filled activities for the whole family. Most of the town’s activity and income is generated by seaside tourism.
Sites to see in Finale Ligure
Most people visiting Finale Ligure spend their fun-filled days on the beach. The city has beautiful, alluring beaches where tourists continually flock. The edges of the beach are adorned with rugged cliffs and rows of palm trees.
The Castel San Giovanni is a Spanish fort constructed in the 17th century. It bears some semblance with the Castel Gavone, also referred to as the Gavone Castle, which served as the seat of Del Carretto. The Del Carretto family members that occupied the residence were Marquises. Visitors can enjoy long, calming walks up the hills. Locals lined the walkways with palm trees and exotic plants.
Fun Facts about Finale Ligure
• The areas surrounding it are called II Finale and not II Finalese
• The seaside city had a population of 11,638 as of December 2010
• The town takes up a total area of 340 square kilometers
• The town center is adjacent to the Rock of Caprazoppa
• The Basilica of St. John the Baptist is a beautiful church with two bell towers emerging from the building. It was built between 1619 and 1675 and has undergone countless renovations.