Djibouti City is the capital and largest city of Djibouti. This charming city is located in the Horn of Africa and is known for its scenic harbor views. In addition to its natural beauty, Djibouti City is also home to many historical sites and cultural attractions. So whether you’re looking for a relaxing vacation or an adventure-filled trip, be sure to add Djibouti City to your travel list.
Djibouti City Facts
- The city of Djibouti was founded in 1888 by the French.
- Djibouti City is the capital and largest city of Djibouti.
- The population of Djibouti City is over 600,000.
- Djibouti City experiences a hot desert climate.
Djibouti City Major Attractions
- Plage de Doraleh – This beautiful beach is located just outside Djibouti City and is a perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
- Hamoudi Mosque – This historical mosque is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Djibouti City. Built in 1906, it is the oldest mosque in the city and features stunning architecture.
- Ouaramous – This is an island located just off the coast of Djibouti City, known for its beautiful beaches and coral reefs.
- Market Place – This vibrant market is a great place to buy souvenirs and experience local culture.
- DECAN Refuge – This refuge is home to many different species of animals, including lions, leopards, and cheetahs. It’s a great place to learn about the local wildlife.
- Ilot du Heron – This small island is located just off the coast of Djibouti City and is a great place for swimming and sunbathing.
Djibouti City is a fascinating and unique African city that should not be missed! So if you’re planning a trip to Africa, be sure to add Djibouti City to your itinerary.