Davenport, Iowa, is a city in the United States of America with a population of 102,169. It was founded in 1836 and boasts a number of attractions that are worth seeing.
- More than 50 parks are located in Davenport. Get outside into the fresh air for some hiking, biking or a leisurely stroll to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Check out one of the outdoor festivals or see when your favorite band is playing at the River Music Experience.
- Get some culture at the German American Heritage Center.
- Davenport is located next to the Mississippi River. You can get a truly excellent view of the river from the 575-foot Skybridge that is built over River Drive.
- Pay a visit to Credit Island. This spot was formerly a Native American trading post.
- Browse the local shops and restaurants along the Mississippi River in the Village of East Davenport.
- Sign up for a tour and tasting at the Great River Brewery.
- Satisfy your artistic side with a visit to the Figge Art Museum.
- Get some excellent local produce at the Freight House Farmers Market.
- Catch a show at the Adler Theatre. They feature Broadway shows, comedians, and musical acts.
The city of Davenport is considered a green city. It is committed to reducing pollution and improving the city’s air and water quality while urbanizing the area for a more liveable city.
Plan a trip to see for yourself the unique attributes and compelling attractions that make this a fantastic place to live or visit.