The mention of Cheyenne, Wyoming, likely calls to mind cowboys and rodeos, but there is so much more to this busy little city. If you are planning a trip to Cheyenne, be sure to make these top-notch attractions part of your itinerary.
Cheyenne is packed with historical fun. If you are a history buff, be sure to check out:
- The Wyoming State Museum to learn about Wyoming history
- The Cheyenne Depot and adjoining museum to delve into the influence of the railroad on the West
- Cheyenne Frontier Days, with its ten-day rodeo and Western-style fun
- The Big Boy Steam Engine on display in Holliday Park
- The Wyoming State Capitol, which is on the National Register of Historic Places
A Day at the Ranch
If you’d like to experience a day at the ranch, visit the Terry Bison Ranch, a 27,500-acre working ranch that is home to about 2,500 resident bison along with camels and ostriches. Visitors can tour the ranch by train, go horseback riding, fish and enjoy a hearty meal at the nearby steakhouse.
If you enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, Cheyenne offers some unique opportunities. You can visit the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens and learn about planets from all over the world. If outdoor adventure is more your ticket, try the Vedauwoo Recreation Area and Curt Gowdy State Park for hiking, mountain biking, camping and fishing in a breathtaking natural setting.
Indeed, Cheyenne offers something enjoyable for people with a whole range of interests and tastes. Its attractions are top-notch in more ways than one.