Today’s spot of the day is the American city, Carlsbad, California.
- Carlsbad is a city in the scenic North County region of San Diego County, on the California coast near the southernmost end of the Pacific Coast Highway. It is home to gorgeous sandy beaches and lovely lagoons. This city offers a great shopping experience and world-class sporting events.
- It is located 35 miles north of downtown San Diego and 87 miles south of Los Angeles and should not be confused with Carlsbad in New Mexico. Both Carlsbad in California and Carlsbad in New Mexico were named after the famous Bohemian spa resort town, Karlovy Vary, which is known as Carlsbad in English, after the German name Karlsbad.
- Carlsbad sported California’s very first skatepark, which opened on March 3, 1976. It hosted the World Skateboard Championship in 1977 and closed down in 1979.
- Since 1999, Carlsbad has also been home to the LEGOLAND California Resort, the very first LEGOLAND theme park to be established outside of Europe. It features the world’s first LEGOLAND Water Park.
- Carlsbad’s beaches are perfect for leisurely strolls, sunbathing, swimming, diving, surfing, birdwatching, hiking, biking and beach sports, to name but a few.
- Other places of interest include a huge flower garden called The Flower Fields, the Museum of Making Music, Miniland USA, the Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park, SEA LIFE Aquarium, the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve, the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum and much more.
- Carlsbad is also a golfer’s paradise, with many golf courses and golf resorts to choose from.
Perfect spot if you love the beach, but don’t want to deal with the So Cal crowds
I lived in San Diego and worked in Carlsbad.. enjoyed seeing the windmills and the good pea soup .. being close to Camp Pendleton you see military personnel close by training.. I visited the flower fields and enjoyed Fresh strawberry’s.. very beautiful city, later we moved to Florida couldn’t afford California fires and earthquakes and high cost of living..
Thank you for sharing Dean. I have a few friends who were Marines at Camp Pendleton!
We have a house in Elk Grove near Sacramento, CA., and a house in Vista between Carlsbad and Oceanside, CA. We enjoy Carlsbad beaches, certified Carlsbad Farmer’s Market in downtown, and the Flower Fields next to Legoland. We enjoy the annual nice weather, and the people are nice too!
Thank you for your comment David! Now I want to go visit!
There is also Carlsbad, Texas!
A good community and small town all American living. A Dollar General store was put into our town in summer 2021 that we folks in Carlsbad, Tx are greatfull to those who made that happen.
The legendary San Angelo state supported living center mental health facility is in Carlsbad, TX that provides services to the mentally challenged, and employment/jobs are their, for people looking for employment, and they are always hiring, for all sorts of positions. The facility used to be a tuberculosis hospital, from 1912 to 1969. In 1969 the facility changed over to Tx Dept of MHMR and now it is Tx Dept of aging and disability services.
(Tx Dept of DADS) Carlsbad used to have public school but the school was shut down in 1968 time frame, and now our kids go too Water Valley HS, Water Valley elementary, Texas. Lots of good history in our town/county. The rolling hills of Carlsbad/West Texas ring the good town. Sure crime happens here but Carlsbad is not special in that regard, for crime is a nationwide and worldwide problem, and our town has positives to it. We all know one another, and look out for each other. I love my town Carlsbad just as much as carlsbadians love there towns one in NM and one in Ca.
God/Christ Bless Carlsbad in Tx, Ca, and NM.