The capital city of Wales is a bustling port city that still offers small-town charm and a warm welcome. Today it rivals the ever-popular London and Edinburgh as a fascinating place to visit. Soak in the sites, get your culture fix, and enjoy some lively nightlife in this gorgeous city. Check out some of the top must-dos for your trip to Cardiff!
- Get your sports fix by paying a visit to Millennium Stadium. Take a tour or check out a rugby game if you’re lucky! Cardiff has been home to Welsh rugby for over 100 years, so it’s a local favorite. If rugby isn’t your thing, you can attend a football match or watch the Cardiff Devils ice hockey team.
- Unleash your inner adventurer with Cardiff International White Water and brave the waters by raft or canoe.
- Pay a visit to BBC Studios to see where the popular Doctor Who is filmed.
- Marvel at Cardiff Castle, which dates back to Roman times and boasts more than 2,000 years of history. If you enjoy a fright now and then, try a candlelight ghost tour of the castle at night.
- Stretch your legs in Bute Park along the River Taff.
- Tour the National Museum of History on the sprawling grounds of St. Fagans Castle.
- Catch some live music or visit one of the many art galleries and theaters.
- Take a break from all your sightseeing with tea at the Pettigrew Tea Rooms or grab a pint at one of the lively pubs and chat with the locals.
Whether you want to take a leisurely guided tour to get acquainted with the highlights of Cardiff or choose to do in-depth exploration on your own, this city has plenty to keep you interested and occupied for days!