Considering a vacation in your near future? Cannon Beach on the coast of Oregon has some pretty spectacular getaway sights to see.
- There are four miles of beachfront to enjoy the beautiful ocean at any time of the day.
- Take a nature walk through one of the many national parks and beaches such as Ecola State Park or Arcadia Beach.
- Ecola State Park has plenty of nature trails to hike that will allow you to explore vantage points to whale watch or to see other sea life.
- Haystack Rock is one of Oregon’s most well-known attractions with its colorful tide pools and the assortment of birds. This spot would make the most wonderful pictures for anyone to look back on. This landmark has actually been mentioned in novels and has been featured in movies such as The Goonies.
- If you’re a bird lover, head on down to Haystack Rock where Tufted Puffins build nests.
- There is plenty of wildlife in this area such as Roosevelt Elk who graze in the fields along the beach. Bald Eagles rule the sky and Brown Pelicans coast along the surface of the water in hunt for dinner. Over 20,000 Grey Whales also migrate through this area every year.
- Craft Beer drinker? Look no further. Cannon Beach has a North Coastal Craft Beer Trail. This trail takes you to four of the best spots to get a craft beer. These stops include Bill’s Tavern and Brew House, Public Coast Brew, Pelican Brew Co, and Warren House Pub.
It’s said that Cannon Beach is absolutely beautiful in the fall. This coastal area is a sight to see for sure. So grab your hiking boots and head to Oregon to explore this coastal getaway.