The town of Belfort is a charming municipality in eastern France that offers visitors a wealth of history and culture to enjoy. From its picturesque old-town district to its imposing castle and citadel, there is much to see and do in this historic town. Add in the excellent restaurants, bars, and cafes, and it's easy to understand why Belfort is such a popular tourist destination. So if you're looking for an exciting city break in France, add Belfort to your list!
- Belfort is located in the Franche-Comte region of France, in the east of the country.
- The town has a population of just over 50,000 people.
- The town is home to the Belfort Citadel, a large fortress built in the 18th century.
- The town is twinned with several other cities worldwide, including Stafford in the United Kingdom and Delémont, Switzerland.
Belfort Major Attractions:
- The Lion of Bartholdi – This famous sculpture is located in the center of Belfort and was designed by French sculptor Auguste Bartholdi.
- The Citadel of Belfort – This imposing fortress was built in the 18th century and is one of the town's most popular tourist attractions.
- Lac de Malsaucy – This beautiful lake is located just outside of Belfort and is a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely walk.
- Étang des Forges – This artificial lake was created to provide water for the town's forge industry. Today it is a popular spot for camping and nature lovers.
- Le Salbert – This is the highest point in Belfort and offers stunning views of the town and surrounding countryside.
These are just some of the many reasons why Belfort is such a great place to visit. It's a beautiful town with plenty to see and do, and it's sure to make your city break in France unforgettable!