Today's spot of the day, Beaune, is often referred to as the wine capital of Burgundy. The French town specializes in wine production and, more recently, film and art production.
Beaune is a small city in France that specializes in wine production. Here are a few fun facts about the city.
Fun Facts about Beaune:
- The name comes from the Latin word Belena. Belena is derived from Belen, meaning the god of fast-flowing water.
- Beaune is a wine commune in eastern France. The town may not have a Grand Cru, but their wine is top quality.
- The annual wine auction is held at the Hôtel-Dieu de Beaune also referred to as Hospices de Beaune. The hotel used to be a hospital for the poor in the past. Today it serves as a museum.
- Beaune is found between the city of Lyon and Dijon.
- Beaune is surrounded by some of the most famous wine villages that use wine cellars in Beaune's town square.
- In 2015, Beaune was inscribed into the Unesco World Heritage List as part of the Climats terroirs of Burgundy.
- The city's current mayor Alain Sugueno, a renowned member of parliament.
- He was appointed in 2000 and will hold office until 2026, per the city’s six-year mayoral.
PLEASE WHAT TYPE OF FILMS ARE BEING MADE? ARE SUBMISSIONS PERMITTED FROM US?WHAT PROCEDURE IS RECEOMMENDED PLEASE? I HAVE WORKED WITH MONSIEUR THIERRY REYNARD, THE FRENCH CONSUL IN MIAMI FOR THE
BICENTENNIAL OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION THANK YOU