If you are looking for a memorable beach vacation, look no further than Basseterre! The capital of the Caribbean islands of Saint Kitts and Nevis boasts some of the most stunningly gorgeous beaches there are. The warm sands and clear waters of these amazing beaches are the perfect locations for spending a relaxing day soaking in the sun and playing in the water.
South Friar’s Bay is the most popular beach to visit, but there are a host of others worth checking out. The beautiful scenery is a nature lover’s dream. Bird watchers will love being able to see many local species at the mangrove swamps. If you want a leisurely but more active ocean activity, try a dolphin encounter or snorkeling in the clear waters and observing the fish and other aquatic life. When you need a break from traditional beach activities, try one of these:
- Visit The Circus. This is the main area of town to find shops and restaurants and was modeled after Picadilly Circus in London.
- Take a boat tour on a catamaran.
- Join a hiking group to tour the surroundings, particularly the volcano crater.
- If you are thirsty for some adventure, try ziplining.
- Visit the gardens and historic site of Romney Manor.
- Check out The National Museum or St. George’s Church.
- Indulge in a food and walking tour.
- Climb Timothy Hill to look out upon the amazing scenery and bask in the views of nature’s grandeur.
Recharge and refresh yourself by taking in some fabulous views and restore your natural vitality with a dream beach vacation to Basseterre.