Anaheim is one of the most popular tourist destinations in California. From its world-famous theme parks to its many cultural attractions, there is something for everyone in this southern California city. Anaheim is a short drive from Los Angeles, making it a popular day trip or weekend getaway. The town is a magical place to visit if you're a first-time visitor or a lifelong fan.
- Anaheim is located in Orange County, California
- It is home to two of the world's most popular theme parks: Disneyland and California Adventure
- The city was founded in 1857 by a group of German-Americans
- It is the 10th largest city in California, with a population of over 353,000
Anaheim Major Attractions:
- Disneyland Park – The original Disneyland park opened in 1955 and is the only theme park designed and built under the direct supervision of Walt Disney.
- Disney California Adventure Park – This newer Disneyland park opened in 2001 and features attractions based on popular California culture and history.