Alpe d’Huez is one of the most popular ski resorts in France, and for a good reason. The resort is located in the French Alps, offering stunning views and great skiing conditions. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skier, Alpe d’Huez has something to offer everyone.
Alpe d’Huez Facts
- It has a permanent population of about 2000 residents.
- The town sits at an elevation of 1860 Meters.
- Alpe d’Huez was first developed as a ski resort in the 1920s.
Alpe d’Huez Major Attractions
- Lac du Lauvitel – This beautiful lake is located right below the ski resort, and it’s a great place to take a break from skiing. The views of the surrounding mountains are simply stunning. It’s the perfect place to relax after a day on the slopes.
- Skiing – Of course, the main attraction of Alpe d’Huez is skiing. The resort has over 200 kilometers of ski trails, making it one of the largest ski resorts in France. There are trails for all levels of skiers so that everyone can enjoy the slopes.
- Snowboarding – Alpe d’Huez is also a great place to snowboard. The resort has several terrain parks and some great downhill runs.
- Cycling – Alpe d’Huez is a popular destination for cyclists in the summer. The resort has hosted the Tour de France several times, and it’s a great place to cycle. There are many beautiful routes to explore.
- Auris-en-Oisans – This charming village is located at the foot of Alpe d’Huez and is a great place to stay if you’re visiting the resort. The village has a few restaurants and bars and a small grocery store.
- Col de Sarenne – This is among the highest mountain passes in Europe, and it’s located right next to Alpe d’Huez. If you’re looking for a challenging hike or bike ride, the Col de Sarenne is the perfect place to explore.
Alpe d’Huez is a great place to ski, snowboard, cycle, and relax in the beautiful French Alps. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skier, there’s something for everyone at this world-class resort.