Acapulco, Mexico is located 235 miles south of Mexico City and is considered one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the country.
The mention of Acapulco brings to mind images of the Mexican- style paradise, accentuated by half-moon beaches of glowing white hotels. This town is cherished by many because of its magnificent beaches. However, the place has more to offer than just going to the beach. People visiting Acapulco have praised its lush green hillsides, awesome accommodations and activities of immense fun.
Things to do in Acapulco, Mexico
- For those who want to spend their days on a little boat, enjoying the sun and possibly in the company of friends, La Laguna de Tres Palos is the right place. It is a sort of Everglades-esque lagoon and is one of the reasons why people like Acapulco.
- Acapulco is also known for offering some of the best traditional Mexican foods, which is an advantage to people seeking adventure. Some foods offered include sopas and empanadas, Yucatan fish and ceviche.
- Acapulco has luxurious resorts, which makes it a gorgeous vacation spot. Las Brisas Acapulco is one of the best resorts in Acapulco. The spot was regularly visited by celebrities like Frank Sinatra and Sylvester Stallone in the 1970s. US President and First Lady John and Jackie Kennedy had their honeymoon in the resort. Having been recently renovated, Las Brisas Acapulco is one of the top resorts in Acapulco. Other top resorts include Encanto Acapulco and Banyan Tree Cabo Marques.
- Boating is one of the best ways in which one could enjoy the warm Acapulco weather.
- Furthermore, Acapulco is the perfect destination for those who love aquatic sports. Some of the sporting activities include riding a banana boat, parasailing, jet skiing and snorkeling.